Will On A Bike

One man rides his bike across the United States and lives to tell about it.

Thursday, September 30

Slogan Contest!

I want to make a sign for the back of my bike. I'm not quite sure what it should say, though. Can I get some suggestions from people? Here are the top two slogans that Dave the Adventure Racer and I came up with for those charming individuals who like to blare their horns at me as they pass:

Honk If You Love Me, Baby

and

Honk If You Want A Peace

Any suggestions?

***UPDATE***
I had an epiphany the other day. What do you all think of "Baby On Board"?

It's brilliant. Who would hit a guy with a baby on his bike? I could even make a cardboard child seat and place a doll inside of it.

How fucking weird would that be?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Ladies ride free"
J-Diz

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not sure about the "do you want a peace" line ... would horny truckers realize that you weren't actually offering your ass up to the highest bidder?...not to say they're illiterate...but... i don't think of them as the kind of guys that would distinguish on homophones...unless of course you are in fact trying to raise a bit of extra cash by selling you ass on the side of the road...

how about

"i just pee at truck stops...really!"

or... how about

"SOLD!"

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i asked around and this is what folks came up with.

buy me a cheese burger- Kendra

I also ride your mom- me

I take it up the rear- Mr. P

-CP

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha

www.alamedacardsandcomics.com

is what it should say...

4:54 PM  
Blogger Will said...

Those are all hilarious. I think I'm going to make a whole series of them and see what gets the best reaction.

Man. You guys are great. Keep 'em coming!

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, my friend says you should have one that says "now powered by gas". fabulous.
or you should get a sexy playboy mudflap. or i could make you a sexy monkey with a penis mudflap. or some kind of crazy made up 1 900 #. woo hoo!

11:52 PM  
Blogger eirik said...

i don't know about the sign, but you should definitely have a jack in the box puppet somewhere on your baggage rack smiling at the thundering by truckers. a 2x3 ft norwegian flag attached to the handlebars of your bike would be sweet, too, i think, but i may be biased on that one.

excellent writing, my friend. keep it up!

11:07 AM  
Blogger Will said...

My fav is baby on board, or something to do with jesus. Those are the ones that will make the truck drivers think twice before honking or coming to close to you.

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on reaching Illinois. Glad to see that you are on the road again, and hope you are feeling better. with only three maps to go, or maybe two, the end is in sight.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home